Tuesday, April 03, 2007

the Expected and Unexpected

Something expected happened on Apr 2: I got dinged by MIT. Since I was not a big fan of Sloan at the first place, I wasn't that surprised to be rejected. The decision letter said there were well over 3,000 applicants this year, competing for 324 seats. That's really a tough war!

Something unexpected happened on Apr 1: me and my bf broke up. Don't ask me why or how, coz I myself don't exactly know. But I guess, long D doesn't work, after all...

It's interesting how life always give us something while taking something else away from us. But somehow we always reminisce our loss more than appreciate our gain.

Now I'll try to be cool with my heart broken...

6 comments:

Bancaku said...

Sorry about the boyfriend ding!Even if it was for the right reason, it still hurts.

Mocha said...

Sorry to hear that. At least you're admitted to two wonderful schools =)

And sorry about the situation w/ your bf too :( The feeling sucks:(

kpmg said...

Sorry to hear about the boyfriend.

Long distance is hard to do...

ipoel said...

hey sorry for the breakup! hope u're feeling better.. if u dont mind can u gimme ur email add, i have some qns regarding UCLA n NYU myself :)

thanks!

the being said...

sorry to hear about the break-up. hope you are feeling better now. on the brighter side, b-school will be a great way to put it all behind u.

i am glad the MIT ding does'nt bother u. u are already in at 2 wonderful schools :)

Katrina said...

Thanks all your guys for providing warm support!
Ipoel, pls email me at katrinamba@gmail.com