Monday, April 09, 2007

40K from UCLA! Gee...

Just when I thought I have made a decision, I received this: Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a fellowship from UCLA Anderson. And the amount is $40,000 over 2 years! Argh... This msg on Sat morning has been keeping me boiled during the whole weekend...

I would say Anderson ppl must have read my mind, and gave me this msg right after I was shocked at the high cost of living in NYC... Some fellowship money is much appreciated now! Now for me, it's money vs potential career opportunities in NYC... any oppinion guys?

Oh, PS: I'm so thrilled to be nominated as best of blogging at ClearAdmit! I wouldn't say I'm the best blogger coz I feel I've learned so much from other fellow bloggers and they obviously write better articles than I do. But it's really a great pleasure to walk this journey with you guys~ It's almost like a virtual community here ^_^

6 comments:

asiangal said...

That's great news! Congratulations! On school selection I say choose the school that you prefer ... the money issue will only exist for two years, but your b-school years will be a once in a lifetime experience! =)

Forrest Gump said...

that's pretty awesome. congratulations. money never hurts, ok, almost never hurts when all we are talking about is scholarship.

so where are you headed now ?

Inblue said...

Congratulations ! that's awesome news. If you are looking to Fashion and Retail then Why not LA ? I mean its gonna be good too right ?

-tvu said...

Congratulations! The decision gets harder, but cheer up! There worse dilemma, i.e. choosing between two ice creams!

ipoel said...

come come to LA.. I'll be here! HAHAHA.. but good luck deciding :)

MBA babe said...

congrats!! i was facing a similar situation but ultimately followed a piece of wisdom from a b-school alum: a scholarship is a short-term savings, but b-school is a long-term investment. choose the best school w the best fit -the money will come later! :) good luck!