Wednesday, March 21, 2007

UCLA interview

Went to the interview at the alumni's office near my college. He turned out to be an undergrad alumni of mine too. He is a very nice person, we started chatting in Chinese. He asked me how well do you know Anderson? So I told him about my visit. Then he also asked what are the other schools I visited. I was kinda nervous, but still told him the truth. And I did emphasize that I love California very much, mostly becoz of the weather, and the life style there. Next, we switched to English and started the official interview. The questions he asked are as follows:

  1. Walk me through your resume (he interrupted me to ask about one of my job functions in the company)
  2. What's your strength/weakness
  3. Is there a time your boss doesn't agree with you? Example?
  4. Example of teamwork experience
  5. What's your career aspiration?
  6. How's your experience at current company related to ur future career goal (since my aspiration is entrepreneurship)
  7. What do you think is the essential thing for the success of an entrepreneur?

Finally, I asked him whether he could share his experience with Anderson. It turned out that he has been working in IT consulting, MC, and financial services in the past, and has only joined the current company (an internet startup) for several weeks. The current company was started by his friend, also a Fudan Alum. When I asked him how helpful he thinks the Anderson experience is in working for a startup, he said he never imagined himself working as an entrepreneur before, even after graduating from Anderson. But the entrepreneurship atmosphere has affected him bit by bit, and finally took him to his current position. He also strengthened how much he loves about living in California. ^_^

He walked me to elevator after the interview, and told me to call him whenever I have a question. Overall speaking, the experience is very pleasant. No tough questions, very relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money