Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Stern Interview

Had my Stern interview on Mar 1 afternoon on campus (there's no campus actually, just in the Kauffman building). The whole interview went on for 30min, and the questions are pretty standard. The adcom was very friendly, and she encouraged me to talk about my past work experience, and what I want to do in the future. It felt just like those conversations I had with my friend when I told them why I want to get an MBA.

The question details as follows (there are some other small questions but I can't remember exactly):
1. Tell me about your past work exp
2. What do you like about your job
3. What do you want to change about your job
4. What activities do you want to join after you come to Stern
5. How do you choose schools
6. If you come back to give a speech at Stern in 10 years, what would be your achievement

I think these questions have already appeared in Clearadmit wiki and Accepted DB.

I also sat in a class in the morning and had lunch with a current student. The class was a case based, and the prof was very interesting. Another impressive thing is Stern students seem very nice and friendly, several students came to introduce themselves and wished me and another prospective student good luck in the interview. I finally met Rubeo boy in NYC, and he is such a fun person to hang out with^_^

5 comments:

JatWarrior said...

Good luck! When would you hear from them?

Katrina said...

according to the adcom, the result will be out in three weeks. But a lot of ppl on BW forum get the result just in 2 weeks. fingers crossed...

ipoel said...

good luck !!!!

Inblue said...

Good luck !

daphyy said...

Hi! Just wondering how much time you get to schedule the interview, from the time they notify you.