Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Now on the waiting bench...

I'm finally done with all the apps! But it doesn't feel so relaxed as I expected... Seeing all the people reporting admissions/interview on businessweek/chasedream just make me anxious... On the other hand, things at workplace is pretty hectic...

I'm thinking about the next step, such as whether I should quit my job to take a break in Sydney? It might be risky to quit before I hear anything from the schools, but I really think I need to change a job... I'm also planning a trip to US in end of Feb or early Mar, to visit my bf mainly. I also hope to visit some schools and sit in some classes. Would be even better if I can get an interview or two. But first, I need to deal with the visa interview...

5 comments:

asiangal said...

If you're quite sure of changing job anyway it might be a good idea to take a break from your current job ... although in the worst case scenario that you don't get accepted anywhere you'll have to explain this gap in your work history. Best of luck. =)

ipoel said...

Hey Katrina! was reading your blogs and realized we applied to schools in Cal and NY.. GOod luck and happy waiting :) I too want to do entrepreneurship

Katrina said...

Hi ipoel, I've been reading your blog too. The difference btw us is: I haven't got an admission from UCLA yet. I really have a good feeling about UCLA, hope they would feel the same way about me =P

ipoel said...

Hey Katrina! When you visit LA, I totally think you should sign up for the on-campus interview at UCLA.. because it will show that you are interested in the program.. I'm not sure how much weight the interview will have for your application but it doesn't hurt as long as you prepare.. I'm not sure though if there's still space for interview on-campus.. I think they're full.. GOod luck though!!

Katrina said...

Hi, ipoel, thanks a lot for your advice. But I just found out that for R2 on-campus interview ends on Feb 9...My US trip is scheduled from Feb 23 to Mar 11. I can only wait for alumni interview invite now... But if I go to LA, I'll definitely visit the campus and sit in a class.