Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Essays, Essays, Essays

These days are all about essays...
Whenever people ask about me, I'm either writing my essays, or thinking about my essays...

So far, I have finished first draft for NYU Stern, except the creative essay which I intend to do it during the weekend when my inspiration can flow. I have almost finished drafts for MIT too, except the Cover Letter. MIT introduces several new essay topics this year, which means I could not refer to any examples in the past. But through the process, I found it really important to reveal what I thought, felt, said and did in these essays, to make them more vivid. I wrote the first draft in a narrative way, but gave it up after the second read. After adding some quotation marks (for what I said), I think it's much better now.

I've been receiving a lot of emails from schools marketing themselves lately... Notra Dame said they would give me apps fee exemption, today UC Irvine said I'm pre-qualified for a scholarship... probably it's the impact of a high GMAT, but they actually boost my confidence about the whole application, thinking about some schools are trying hard to get my attention ^_^

6 comments:

-tvu said...

Don't disregard UCI. It's a good school. I work there, but not for the B-school. hehe...

Katrina said...

No disregard to UCI! i actually applied for it once when I graduated from college, and got rejected...-.-b
and I'd love to be in OC, mostly because of the OC (tv series) =P

Inblue said...

yes that does happen ! Essay all the way , but believe me it might help. I had an essay full month and now with Tuck , I am going to have another essay full month.

-tvu said...

Rejection was probably because of the low work experience. The OC tv series is soo off base. hmm... would u like I post a few pics of UCI's b-school and/or the real OC for ya?

Katrina said...

last time i applied for UCI PhD in Computer Science... no wonder for rejection coz i was not so passionate about getting a PhD anyway...

Argh... I've heard lots of people say OC tv is unreal-.-b U can post pix for UCI but pls don't ruin my dream of a perfect OC... I still wonder if Marissa is still alive??

Anonymous said...

hows the stern creative essay shaping up? Thats gotta be one of the toughest essays to write!